OK, we know it’s not the most fun task on your to do list but these are some easy to do tips that can help to ensure both maximum efficiency and a longer lifespan of your air conditioning units. These include:
- Clean your air filters regularly by removing the filter from the unit and either washing or vacuuming it. We recommend every 3 months or so
- Regularly replace disposable filters in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Make sure that airflow coming out of your outdoor condenser unit can freely escape
- Check outdoor units for ants, bugs, geckos and other creepy crawlies
- Similarly ensure that other debris such as leaves and twigs are not trapped in the unit
- Prune plants in the immediate area around the unit so that air can circulate
For service advice head over to our service info page.